Partner Agency for the Atlanta Food Bank

Humanity & Health Foundation is in the process of finalizing a partnership with the American Food Bank.

This page is undergoing update, please check back soon



Forms For Download

Frequently Asked Questions

What Is USDA?

The United States Department of Agriculture.

USDA provides domestic food assistance through programs such as; the
Women Infants and Children (WIC) program, Commodity Supplemental Food Program
(CSFP), free/reduced school lunches, and TEFAP

Spread the love

What Is TEFAP?

The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) helps supplement the diet of low-income persons, by providing groceries or meals at no cost to the recipient.

  • TEFAP was first authorized in 1981 and designed to help reduce Federal food inventories while assisting low-income persons.
  • Georgia’s DHS handles details of administration and distribution.
  • Each state sets criteria for determining what households are eligible to receive food for home consumption.
  • Local agencies (like ACFB) receive the food and supervise the overall distribution
Spread the love

Which Clients Are Eligible?


  • Households whose income is 130% or less of the poverty line.
  • Clients must sign a self-declaration of total household income, residency, name, number of people in the household, and address


  • Recipients of prepared meals are considered eligible and do not require any specific form or application
Spread the love

Forms For Download

Click below to download


  1. The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) – English
  2. The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) – Spanish

USDA Disclaimer

“The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or if all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.) If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (in Spanish). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer

Spread the love