We’ve been looking for you!
Change the world, not the coffee filters.
Because the world needs you to be relentless. To never give up. To keep showing up every day. Showing God’s love to those who need it most.
An internship at Humanity and Health Foundation is an opportunity for you to explore career paths in the nonprofit sector.
We promise that you won’t get stuck by the copy machine, or running to the shop for your manager. Your time is valuable here! And because we value your contributions to the organization, we also provide incentives to help with some of your living expenses.
We want to help you develop your professional skills and grow in your profession while putting your passions to good use. If you’ve always wanted to see the inner workings of a non-profit organization then Humanity and Health Foundation is the place for you!
Due to COVID19, a remote internship is available for the foreseeable future. Remember to specify in your application form.
Who We Are
Should You Apply?
To apply for an internship, you must meet a few requirements?
- You must be currently enrolled in a college, academy or university, with at least a year under your belt
- A course program in public health is a bonus, not a requirement
- There must be an agreement in place between your institution and our organization if not, it can be initiated. In such a situation ask your institution to initiate the process of agreement or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must be culturally sensitive or understand what is meant by ” cultural sensitivity”. This simply means: being aware that cultural differences and similarities between people exist without assigning them a value – positive or negative, better or worse, right or wrong.
What does a typical Internship look like?
There is no typical internship with the Humanity & Health Foundation. Work varies by department, current needs, and location. Here are examples of what interns can accomplish:
- Programs and Government Relations: Assisting the HHF Response Team leader to an outbreak in West Africa or a global pandemic, as the ongoing COVID-19.
- Conference – International: Help facilitate annual or national leadership conferences.
- Communications: Write a story on HHF response efforts, contribute to the HHF Monthly Magazine, or help with media requests.
- Programs and Government Relations: Research and develop a protocol for a public health issue.
- Health Promotion: Design infographics reflecting HHF response efforts to an ongoing crisis
- Carry out community need survey in response to implementing a health promotion program in an identified area
- Travel to develop and design a country overview booklet.
- Work with headquarters to implement a new financial database while working with the national staff on daily budgetary duties.
- Work with health staff, developing training tools for the Maternal and Child Health program to teach and equip locals through community outreach and individual home visits.
- Write and photograph projects around the country to document and illustrate HHF’s work in Food and Economic Security, Health and Nutrition, and Water and Sanitation.
- Work with program manager executing logistics to provide clean water for schools.
- Teach hygiene classes and develop promotional materials for use in identified areas.
- Assist the medical mission program in meeting the needs of the community
Your skills and knowledge will always make room for you.
What’s the Commitment?
A Humanity and Health Foundation internship lasts between 10 and 12 weeks or even months depending on assigned projects. We ask that all interns commit at least 20 hours per week, with a maximum of 29 hours per week. We provide incentives depending on the assignment and location to assist with some of your living expenses while you’re learning from our organization.
What are the opportunities?
Interns are given the opportunity to experience the intricate workings of an international non-profit while being a part of the greater calling to help impact the world, and fulfill their God’s given purpose.
The extent of this opportunity is really up to YOU, your creativity, passion, compassion, and commitment. As the saying goes ” your gift will make room for YOU”
Does Humanity and Health Foundation send interns to other countries?
Will HHF provide housing?
Unfortunately, we do not have the resources to provide our interns with housing or transportation.
However, we are available to answer questions and provide suggestions. For instance, interns in the past have chosen to stay with reputable host families in the area or rent an apartment together.
What kind of academic background are you looking for?
Is there any age restriction?
What is the application process like?
First, you will complete an online application. If you qualify, our Intern Coordinator will contact you for an interview. Afterward, they will schedule secondary interviews with managers who have projects that match your interests and experience.
Check the Application Process tab for more information.
When are internship available and what are the deadlines?
The Global Internship Program is divided into three terms: spring, summer, and fall. We offer internship opportunities located both domestically and internationally at our international field offices and affiliate offices. For international interns, HHF does not cover any flights, visa or vaccine requirements, at this time, (check back for updates on this section).
Due to COVID-19, international internships will not be available in 2020. We anticipate internships being available again in spring 2021.
Apply For Internship
We want your internship at Humanity and Health Foundation to be mutually beneficial, so we try to match our interns with exciting projects in their area of interest. Be sure to thoughtfully consider your passions, skills, and interests and apply for the internships that align most closely with them.
Once you have submitted your application, our Intern Coordinator will let you know if you will be moving forward with an interview. If we determine your background and interests are a good fit for one of our positions, you’ll have an opportunity to interview with a specific manager to hear about the projects you could be working on. Soon after, you will be contacted with a hiring decision!