Student Intern – Public Health Program Specialist
Website Humanity and Health Foundation
Investors In Sustainable Future
Student Intern – Public Health Specialist
Humanity & Health seeks to hire a Student Intern – Public Health Specialist to provide support for the organization’s various health programs.
The Student Intern – Public Health Specialist will assist in coordinating Humanity & Health hepatitis B, substance use prevention, breast cancer, and other health programs. This position will be supervised by the Health Programs Manager and will work closely with two other health program coordinators.
The position requires excellent interpersonal skills, time management, and a passion for health education & promotion and the community served by HHF.
The position may require 25% of travel, but due to the COVID19 protocol work could mostly be done remotely
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide coordination on all aspects of Health Programs, including planning, implementing, and evaluating activities associated with the activities
- Participate in all required training events, workshops, and statewide campaigns
- Ensure that program deliverables and reporting deadlines are met within time-frame
- Build and maintain partnerships with other organizations committed to health. Such as state/local agencies, community-based organizations, city councils, law enforcement, and school systems
- Collaborate with current HHF Health Program Coordinators to ensure that all deliverables are met and to enhance the quality of current Health Programs
- Manage program assistants, interns, and/or volunteers to complete activities associated with Health Programs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (psychology, social work, education, public health, or closely related field) and at least two years of experience in a social service or other community-based program OR five years of experience performing work related to the area of assignment
- Master’s in Public Health and concentration in behavioral science or global health is preferred
- Experience in public health program planning, implementation, and evaluation
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Strong leadership skills and proficiency in public speaking, group facilitation, training, strategic planning and implementation, data compilation, and prevention program development
- Demonstrate cultural competency and success working with diverse communities
- Proficiency in Other languages is preferred
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
Job Type: Intern, Part-time or Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Nigerian Languages (Required)
- English, Spanish, French (Preferred)
- West/Central Africa; and the United States
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoy doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- Monday to Friday
- 4-8 hour shift
This is an open position
To apply for this job please visit www.humanitynhealth.org.