Non-Profit Organization Alliance Network (NPOAN)
Pulling Together Building Coalition
Teamwork and collaboration are the essential elements of any successful project outcome. Humanity & Health Foundation (HHF) welcomes businesses, companies, organizations, and non-profit organizations in community medicine. Education, healthcare, pharmaceutical, religion, government, and the private sector. To sustain our communities, we must work together to achieve common goals and objectives.
Benefits and Uses
Collaboration enables us to accomplish jointly something that one agency alone could not. Many funding agencies have recognized the power that partnership can bring and are now calling for interagency collaboration as part of the criteria for grantee selection.
The following is a list of collaboration benefits:
- Better use of scarce resources conserves limited capital.
- Cost and effort are not duplicated. Fragmentation among services, programs, and initiatives is reduced.
- An agency can create something in the collaboration that it could not create on its own.
- Higher-quality, more integrated outcomes for end users.
- Integration of diverse perspectives to better appreciate and understand the situation.
- Improved communication among agencies and between agencies and their constituents.
- Increased trust and understanding among individuals and organizations.
- The potential for organizational and individual learning.
- Better ability to achieve meaningful outcomes.
Non-Profit Organization Alliance Network (NPOAN) Commitment
- Building understanding by fostering an exchange of information and ideas among agencies, organizations, and the public and providing a mechanism for resolving uncertainty.
- Providing a mechanism for effective decision-making through processes focusing on common problems and building support for decisions.
- Generating a means of getting necessary work done by coordinating cross-boundary activities, fostering joint management activities, and mobilizing an expanded set of resources.
- Developing the capacity of agencies, organizations, and communities to deal with future challenges.
- Work with existing non-profit agencies to maximize their potential and the community’s overall well-being.
- Serve as a reliable resource organization promoting public health.
- Offer promotional programs to increase the community’s awareness, prevent disease, and create client-centered holistic care that cannot be duplicated.
- Offer skills enhancement development seminars and workshops for our audience, public workforce, our clients, public healthcare staff, and partner agency’s staff regularly.
Non-Profit Organization Alliance Network (NPOAN) offers the following checklist for evaluating partner’s collaborative efforts; We will,
- Discuss the parties” interests and goals regarding the collaboration?
- Agree that there is a compelling, shared interest that the parties want to pursue now?
- Feel comfortable asking questions and discussing doubts and concerns?
- Get people at the table who can speak for all stakeholder organizations?
- Consider forming a smaller core group to take on specific leadership and management tasks (if the number of people involved has grown into the double digits)?
- Spent time in the early phases getting to know one another?
- Periodically ask if the process is straightforward and if the parties are comfortable with it.
As stated in the introduction, the following represents a summary of perspectives on factors contributing to success:
- Long-term relationships with each member of the team.
- Openness and acceptance of ideas and opinions.
- Each person appreciates the contributions of everyone else.
- Issues and problems are identified and resolved early and continuously, as necessary.
- Everyone works hard to keep the team updated and informed.
- Various agencies” members appreciate the differences between them as being overall necessary and helpful.
- Support of management demonstrated by providing guidance, training, and direction to intra-agency staff.
- Ensure all our programs are research-based and carried out by Public Health Ethical Principles, such as conducting programs based on Respect, Benevolence, and Justice.
The Non-Profit Organization Alliance Network (NPOAN) has a wealth of tools and resources for managing projects, communities, and staff/volunteers training. These resources include information on funding grants, funding, various community programs worksheets, etc. It is accessible to our registered partners, staff, and volunteers.
Humanity & Health Foundation is a non-profit organization. To be a member of the HHF Network, follow the link below to access the application form. Once received, we will schedule an appointment with you or your company to finalize your intent. Thank you for your interest.
Members benefit from periodic training and skills development opportunities. These events are either organized by any of our global/local partners or by the HHF. Scheduled seminars, meetings and conferences are also organized for collaborative effectiveness in our committed goals and objectives.