Humanity & Health Foundation Orphanage Support Service (HHFOSS) has supported orphanages at identified locations in USA and Africa since our founding. Currently, we focus on supporting several orphanages in poor social-economic environments.
WHAT WE DO
We seek out responsible children’s homes and ethical orphanages in need of additional support. We assess how we can help them meet the needs of the children in their care. Then we use our network of caring individuals to provide support tailored to their needs.
Our support comes in two forms: monetary and volunteer support.
ORPHANAGES THAT ARE CURRENTLY ON OUR RADAR
- Rainbow House, Inc.: Provides services to shelter, champion, and heal abused, neglected, exploited, and abandoned children
- Oronsaye Maternity & Orphanage Home: A Christian, Nonprofit, Charitable Organization providing food and shelter, as well as Spiritual, Educational & medical assistance to the poorest of the poor children.
WHY WE DO WHAT WE DO
Many factors combine to affect the health of individuals and communities. Whether people are healthy or not is determined by their circumstances and the environment. To a large extent, factors such as where we live, the state of our environment, genetics, our income and education level, and our relationships with friends and family all have considerable impacts on health, whereas the more commonly considered factors such as access and use of health care services often have less of an effect (World Health Organization WHO)
Supporting vulnerable children creates more adaptive, productive, and healthy adults, positively affecting their communities. Most importantly, it makes society stronger, healthier, and more effective. In adulthood, they have more beneficial cognitive and positive behavioral traits. Children with proper support also translate into a future society with reduced crime, increased workforce productivity, lower teenage pregnancy, and the development of other positive character traits.
Many adults with chronic health and emotional struggles were once healthy children. Studies show early intervention in the lives of disadvantaged children is far more effective than rehabilitating them when they are adults.
There is also nothing quite like seeing a child smile who hasn’t for some time.
HOW WE DO IT
We team up with individuals, organizations, foundations, and companies to empower children’s homes with resources so they can better support the children in their care.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
The context of people’s lives determines their health, so blaming individuals for poor health or crediting them for good health is inappropriate. Individuals are unlikely to be able to control many of the determinants of health directly. We need your help to tailor resources to these areas categorized by the United Nations as “Social Determinants of Health (UN SDGs); these are the things that make people holistically healthy and well-rounded.
UN SDG 10: Reduce Inequalities & UN SDG 1: No Poverty
Income and social status – higher income and social status are linked to better health. The more significant the gap between the richest and poorest people, the greater the differences in health (Assist us with a monthly giving commitment)
UN SDG 4: Quality Education
Education – low education level correlates to poor health, stress, and lower self-confidence. (Assist us with educational resources, such as quality books, writing materials, educational toys, and technological tools)
UN SDG 3: Good Health & Well being
- Physical environment – Employment and working conditions – people in employment are healthier, particularly those who have more control over their working conditions (Assist us with children and youth tailored exercise pieces of equipment)
- Social support networks – Assist us with resources for mentoring and counsel) more significant support from families, friends, and communities has correlated with better health. Culture – customs and traditions and the beliefs of the family and community all affect health.
- Volunteer your time and resources and visit the orphanages; a touch of your hands goes a long way in healing their body, soul, and spirit.
- Share your skills on personal behavior and coping skills – balanced eating, keeping active, smoking, drinking, and how we deal with life’s stresses and challenges all affect health.
- Health services – access and use of services that prevent and treat disease influences health (Donate health-related resources for preventive services)
UN SDG 6: Clean Water and Sanitation
We cannot over-emphasize the importance of clean water and sanitation. Safe water and clean air, healthy workplaces, houses, communities, and roads contribute to good health. Join us in installing boreholes and providing health education on sanitation practices.
Connect & Network
- Finally, please connect us with individuals, agencies, or organizations who would be interested in our work or volunteer your services and time.
- Apply to volunteer with Humanity and Health Foundation.
- You can send donations in cash and kind to “Humanity & Health Foundation Orphanage Support, 15 Franklin Street, P.O.Box 138, Avondale Estates, GA 30003
- Bulky Items can be delivered to 9581 Pintail Trail, Jonesboro, GA 30238, or call us at (USA) +1-770-584-6525, (Abuja) +234.805.177.7279, (Benin- City) +234.816.995.0613 to arrange to pick up.
- Join our monthly giving program
- Share our infographics on your social network
For more information on the orphanage services and support, email firstname.lastname@example.org
From little drops of water, a river flows and eventually becomes part of the ocean, every little helps and counts towards a better sustainable future”
Rebecca Ajibola BSN. MPH.
Credit and Reference: United Nations SDG Goals